The Health and Safety of all employees is an asset not a liability. At TOM JONES CORPORATION we recognize the importance of workplace Health and Safety. We have recently created an even stronger Health and Safety program by adding additional Health and Safety professionals to our workforce.
TOM JONES CORPORATION leads by example in an inherently hazardous and risk filled industry. We are proud to announce over 5 decades of operations with a below industry average for lost time injury rates on our work sites, shop and offices.
How do we achieve such an average?
- We understand that every member of our team has a role and responsibility to ensure safety is taken seriously.
- Every employee within the organization understands our open door policy for bringing forward concerns or questions. We have a proven track record of swift response to questions or concerns with appropriate corrective measures to concerns or questions raised.
- All employees are educated with Health and Safety policy and procedures.
- We are expanding our employee information training database to ensure mandatory training and courses are not overlooked.
- We perform daily, weekly and monthly safety meetings.
- Very strict guidelines are in place for internal auditing of safety policies with mandatory annual review of our entire Health and Safety program.
- Site risk assessments are completed for new tasks and work sites to ensure proper training and equipment are available.
- We work closely the Ministry of Labour, W.S.I.B. and Infrastructure Health and Safety Association in regards to recommendations of safe workplace practices.
We have developed a Health and Safety policy and procedure manual and program that each and every member of our workforce and management team is familiar with and refer to as a part of the daily working routine. Quality of life, respect and dignity are factored in to all policies that TOM JONES CORPORATION has implemented. The following are some (but not all) of our Health and Safety policies in place:
- Bill 168 Violence And Harassment In The Workplace
- First Aid And CPR Training
- Lock Out Tag Out Policy
- Confined Space
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Saw Cutting and Coring
- Pile Driving
- Fall Arrest
- Working From Swing Stages
- Traffic Control
- Correct Ladder Use
- Procedure For Refusing Work
TOM JONES CORPORATION has an expectation in of supervisors, workers, contractors, sub contractors and visitors. The expectation being, come forward with any concerns immediately should you see a potential hazard that may exist within the workplace.
Health and Safety doesn’t just happen. Health and Safety is the responsibility of everyone, everyday to keep each other safe, in order to continue returning home to our families and loved ones each and every day.
Should you want to find out more about Health and Safety within TOM JONES CORPORATION. Please feel free to contact Riley Jones at (807)345-0511 or email email@example.com We encourage communication and Health and Safety information sharing between suppliers, vendors, trades and sub contractors. A quality based Health and Safety program is built with experience and knowledge. Information and education are a key aspect of a Safe workplace.
-Health and Safety is “NO” Accident –